Monday, August 1, 2016

The Traveling Elder

Hey everyone it was an absolutely crazy week. I was all over the
place, from Kutztown to Exeter to Reading to Broomall to Valley Forge
and finally back to reading. I spent most of it in Exeter with Elder
Martinez, and some on exchanges in other places and a couple meetings
and doctors appointments in others. It was kinda gnarly being a ZL for
the week! I got to see a little of what it's about. We got to go to
MLC on Thursday, which is a meeting for all the Zone Leaders with the
Assistants and President. It was a great meeting, happy I got to go! I
also got to go on exchanges with the Assistants which was pretty fun,
they are great elders!

So I thought that this would be a super short email not being in my
area all week, but on Wednesday night I got a call from my companion
saying that Kory texted them and wanted to be baptized this weekend!
So I had to micromanage the entire baptism over the phone, it was
pretty rad! Kory said it was the temple that finally helped her decide
to be baptized this week. It was so great! They had a bunch of family
there and she was so excited! She was so ready for it! Pretty crazy
too because I got a text from President Randall before the baptism
asking if he could come! I guess this is the first baptism he's been
to since coming out here, pretty special! Then he came out teaching
with us after too!

Probably the other biggest news is we are now one of fifteen test
missions for Facebook, so we all get to be Guinea pigs for a while!
It's gonna be super interesting using it. Other than that I'm super
happy to be back in my area for another week and to keep the work
going!


No comments:

Post a Comment