Monday, June 12, 2017

Zesty Dyl Pickles

May 29, 2017

Another one in the books eh? I've got plenty of highlights from this
week and zero ideas of how to introduce this email.

To start off the week the Bills took us to get a cheesesteak at Leo's,
which is the one bigger than a small child! I appreciate the unusual
size, but it lacked the cheesey goodness this time. Either way it was
still pretty dang good! Afterwards we had a lesson with one of our new
favorite less actives Vafa. We met her in passing at another less
actives house and she gave us her number because she really wants to
get back into church! She's African, but was raised over here in the
states so her African food isn't so... African. We picked up a sweet
new investigator named Edwina and her 15 year old daughter Jamie. They
were the referral from said high priest group leader last week and
they are AWESOME! When teaching the restoration Jamie had so many good
questions, it was easy to tell she really wanted to learn! She was
even reading ahead in the witnesses while we were finishing up the
introduction. We also had an awesome lesson with Princess. She is so
diligent in keeping her commitments, I can't remember the last time I
taught someone who read over the pamphlet after the lesson and came
back the next time with solid questions. We talked about fasting with
her, in hopes that she can receive an answer that the Book of Mormon
is true. We showed her "Hope of God's Light" which ended up leading
her to open up to us and share about her past. It was incredible to
see the spirit work in her!

For exchanges I took our Ghanian friend Elder Yirena Tawiah on
exchange to Darby. He's such an awesome kid. He loves sports
statistics, but knows nothing about sports because other than a year
at BYU, he's not familiar with American leagues. This kid watched the
Mavericks beat the Jazz so he thinks the Mavericks are better. What?
No. Nice try. He also is worried that he's getting pudgy, so I made
him run in the morning and low key didn't use SEPTA at all during the
exchange... we walked over 12 miles, he said his feet were sore;)

Antoinette got confirmed this week!!! We had Elder Bills do it because
he's the man. She's on fire right now and absolutely hilarious!
Sometimes I forget she's 21, but then I'm reminded because she acts
exactly like I'd expect a 21 year old girl to act. Another big
blessing this week was being able to attend the temple. I figured I
should take advantage of living near it right? I haven't done a
session since I'd been in the MTC which is slightly a bummer
considering how much peace I've felt since attending this last week.
We weren't able to stay long because we had people to teach and souls
to save, but I feel like it rejuvenated me to finish out strong here
in P1 because transfers are here and I get to stay in P1! Elder Berry
will be leaving and I'm stoked for him because my second area taught
me a lot and my fondest memories are from there and I'm sure he will
have the same experience. I guess I didn't do too bad of a job
training Elder Berry because I found out I'll be training another new
missionary! Which means this should be my last area and last
companion, unless President Randall throws me a curveball hahaha. I'm
excited to finish out training though, it's gonna be a blast! Thank
you for all the love and support you give me! Happy Memorial Day
too!!!

1) a very blurry picture of the district shot with a very high quality camera...
2&3) some pretty decent pictures at the temple shot with an iPad... hmm...
4) when it's the end of the transfer and the last thing you find in
the fridge is this
#thedylest
5) CHEESEsteak







No comments:

Post a Comment