Monday, May 22, 2017

Aloha Ohana

May 15, 2017

Dang this week was cool. We had tons of stuff going on! Last Monday
for pday we climbed up to the roof of an apartment building in Philly
and took some sick pictures. Tuesday we had zone conference which was
pretty good, but by the time we got back to our area it was dinner
time so we went with the Petersons for a cheesesteak at Falone's! It
was mighty good, then finished our night at our ward mission
correlation meeting. Antoinette had her baptismal interview, so she's
all ready to go for her baptism, super stoked for that! We also had
another good lesson with Solomon, he's such a good kid. What was way
cool was when we headed over a few blocks to teach Clifford. He's the
one we taught about a month ago with all his little cousins who wanted
Books of Mormon. When we walked in he was on the phone talking to
someone named Desire, so I asked what Desire's last name was and he
said he couldn't remember but they lived across from the school.
That's literally where we just came from!! Haha he knows Desire and
Solomon and all the other kids we teach in that house. I forget these
kids all go to school together, crazy! We had another lesson with
Princess, who is coming along so well! We taught the plan of salvation
and she loved it. Especially the parts in 2 Nephi 2 when it explains
about Adam and Eve in a more positive way. The scriptures are
incredible, so it's so nice when your investigators will actually
read!

On Saturday I was on exchange with Elder Makuakane from the big island
of Hawaii! He's the man and he was so impressed that I liked to listen
to islander music and know a bunch about their culture. He told me I
need to come to Hawaii with him one day, alright Elder Makuakane, you
convinced me! We went to the zone leaders wedding for their African
investigators. It was supposed to start at 1 and the bride and groom
didn't show up until 3:30 hahaha we helped set up a bit and had to go.
While on the exchange we got cheesesteaks at Carmen's which is a solid
10 on my scale. We also got to teach a Haitian family with 5 boys,
they were all so funny. Saturday was a downpour of rain, but we did a
pretty good job of staying dry.

Sunday morning we rode the trolley in with one of our investigators
and had a wonderful service, but I was distracted most the day because
I was so excited to skype home. It's crazy that it is my last time
I'll call home on my mission. Me and Elder Makuakane were comparing
our last call home to Elder Berry and Elder Yirena Tawiah's first
calls home and it was so chill. I don't know about anyone else, but it
was wonderful to talk with my family about what makes a good
cheesesteak and talking about how much I'll miss Wawa, also trying to
explain how to use the word "jawn"! It was such a good time. I'm very
thankful for the blessing my family is and the support that they give
me, I don't think i would have made it through the first 6 months
without their support! I hope you enjoy the many pictures and have a
wonderful week!

1&2) philly and the crew
2) cheesesteaks with the Peterson's
3) cheesesteaks with the Makuakane
4) 10/10
5) what a good view
6) the Peterson's are leaving us this week:/ see ya guys
7) the dogs are still okay, no worries everyone











No comments:

Post a Comment