Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Changes never stop comin'

July 24, 2017

I guess a lot has happened since I left off. I haven't been too open
in my past few letters so I'll drop a little bit more this week.
Subliminally I put that meme in my email of "dear mom and dad
everything is fine" with a picture of everything destroyed, turns out
that pretty much happened. Now calm down, I'm okay! Sadly Elder Lee
had to go home. He re-tore his ACL two weeks ago and was told not to
walk on it much on it. Luckily I'm in a walking area right? So for
almost two weeks we couldn't leave our apartment for regular
proselyting and I was going nuts. It reminded me of the months leading
up to my mission where I found myself bored with not much to do.
Luckily my mission has helped me grow up and really helped me stay
positive so the time was much better spent. Lots of reading the Book
of Mormon, videos, cleaning, cooking and baking bread helped. We had
to go to a couple doctors appointments and wait for an MRI this last
week to confirm his injury. I'm extremely sad to see him go, he's an
amazing kid and was going to be such a great missionary in time. I'm
grateful that I'll be able to talk to him as often as I want very
soon. So you might be wondering what happened to me? I'm companionless
once again? I figured after sitting in my apartment for a few weeks I
might be pretty out of shape as far as missionary work goes, so I
asked President Randall if I could finish in a trio and I got a pretty
cool assignment from him. I moved all my luggage down to the P1 South
apartment with Elder Makuakane and Elder Chauncey. Not only do I get
to work with them, but a few times a week I get to go with Elder
Yirena-Tawiah and Elder Cole in the Philadelphia 4th ward too! Not
sure if I have 4 companions or I'm just a roaming missionary, but
either way I'm excited!

We taught a wonderful lady named Esther and her husband David this
week. She had us over a few weeks ago and they were so happy to have
us come back. As we taught David he was following along so well.
Esther said she prayed about the Book of Mormon and knows it's all
truth. We extended the invitation to David to pray as well and he was
so sincere about doing it. We invited him to pray at the end, which he
was hesitant about. So we taught him how to pray and in his prayer he
asked for "help to join this church". I love teaching the gospel so
much!

This week I did get to go to my last Zone Conference! Elder Lee and I
sat in the back of the cultural hall and listened for the most part.
At one point they were talking about living the missionary standards
and President Randall asked if he could pick on some of the more
experienced missionaries and I knew right away he was going to ask me
my opinion, then it hit me that I've been living this missionary
standards so long. It's seriously become a part of me. It's mostly
just good habits too. That morning I woke up at 6:15 without an alarm,
my body and mind just naturally knows what they needs to do and it's
super cool but I wish I would have perfected this months ago haha. At
the end they had the "dying" missionaries bear their testimonies. Man
could I have gone on for forever, I love this mission. It's been
incredible. Every tough moment and every good moment has had a huge
impact on me! I'm so thankful for all of the lessons I've learned.
This has been the best thing I've ever done for my life! It's gonna go
faster than ever bouncing between all these areas, but I'm so excited
for this last month! I hope you all have a great week and an awesome
24th of July!

1) the power four (Elders Chauncey, Makuakane, Smith and Lee)
2) our district! We got Quilly to come to our district meeting haha






No comments:

Post a Comment