Thursday, April 21, 2016

Easter Sundey

March 28, 2016

I hope you all had a great Atoning Thursdey, Good Fridey and most
importantly a great Resurrection Sundey! How great is it that we have
someone who would suffer so much pain and agony for us? He died for us
and all he asks is that we follow him. I feel like it's a lopsided
bargain in favor of us! It's been great to be out as one of God's
missionaries and really be focused on why we Christians celebrate
Easter. I love how much emphasis other religions put on Easter, I
really do! Christmas gets so commercialized but Easter is still
remembered so greatly! It's such a blessing for us that instead of
focusing so much on Christ's death, that we can focus more on his
resurrection. There's this awesome picture hanging up in our church of
Jesus emerging from the tomb with luscious flowing hair, it's become
my favorite picture because it portrays how happy the resurrection is
and as a result we can live again with our families!

Anywho I realized that my long emails are probably a bore to read with
a bunch of lame monotonous activity so I'll switch it up this week
with some highlights and good news and outrageous things people say
instead of day to day activity. I hope my family doesn't mind!

Joshua is progressing so well! I just love meeting with him! He now
works with Geraldo and some "hoodlums from Trenton" were bashing on
Mormons, saying we weren't Christian and Joshua said "nah we Mormons
are yo". He talks way hood and he called himself a Mormon! So we
showed him 2 Nephi 25:26 and he wants to bring it to work. Bad news,
he cut his huge floppy Afro. Good news is tonight we are starting the
stop smoking program with him, his wife Ashley and his friend Lee!

Carla is doing good, she's just got bad health, but she came to church
today and loved it! Phoenix is doing well, he's praying and loving the
Book of Mormon. Corbin is doing just fine, but he's really iffy on
holding appointments so we've been getting on his case, but we have
his daughter Gia a sweet Jesus calendar and she was so excited! She
was telling us all about how she can put her birthday in it so she can
remember and her families birthday's too! We told her to put her dads
appointments with the missionaries in it so he doesn't bail. The
Rosa's are great if anyone is wondering. Sister Benfield hit a year of
Mormon this week so we celebrated at Buffalo Wild Wings!

Last P-Day we got to hangout with the Elders in our zone and play
ball. Like four other Elders have ukuleles so we all sat around and
jammed for a while! It was so gnarly. Then we had a great specialized
training this week from President and Sister Anderson. It was full of
trainings and tons of role plays and it was actually way fun and
beneficial. I'd write more about it but all you civilians probably
wouldn't understand. We also got to double into the zone leaders area
this week so I spent a day in Philly. It's an alright place. We were
walking around this week and a few punks were sitting outside and so
as we do we said hi to them and they called us "Phony #%! white boys"
and we were like nah we the realest white boys out there so we said
"Hey you guys want to watch a video about our savior Jesus Christ?"
They watched it and I think the little hooligans hearts were softened
after because they were a little more kind. See we are the realest
white boy's! 😁

Alright so this week we were focusing hard on getting all the
standards, which are mission wide goals set as far as numbers go each
week. We focused real hard on investigators at church. Now we invited
EACH investigator three times. THREE. We had rides for all of them and
only Carla came. Now we worked our Mr. Macs right off our feet this
week and we couldn't have done more. I prayed hard for investigators
to be at church. Elder Johnson probably prayed harder for two at
church. Well as we know only one came, but during Priesthood this big
ole Haitian dude stood up and said "this is my first time visiting
here" so me and Elder Johnson just jumped right on that. His name is
David and his cousins a Mormon in Haiti and he just felt like coming
so we are hoping to teach him soon! Those who pray then go and work
get rewarded.

Well friends and family I ended up writing a long email anyways. I
guess I just kinda like being a missionary and sharing my experiences
with you all back home or wherever you may be. I hope you keep the
Easter spirit of joy from the resurrection throughout the year. I pray
you do. I hope you have a good week and I love you all.

1) here's a district picture, not like it's changed over the past 6 weeks
2) we are dinner at this house on Sunday. We found out they are moving
and we asked the reason. They replied "need more space, it's getting
tight for us in here." Well ladies and gentleman the backyard was the
size of the football field and their kitchen was the size of my entire
apartment😎



No comments:

Post a Comment