Monday, January 25, 2016

A New Year of Packing!

January 4, 2016



Happy new year everyone! It's been a crazy week doin a lot of packing
and saying a lot of goodbyes because I'm getting transferred out of
Lehighton, so buckle up and get ready to read about my last week here!

Monday was rad! We went out to the Roeselers and helped him pack up a
little because they were moving during the week! Then we made some
bomb sandwiches with things like liverworst and potato bread and
played risk! It was way fun! Bro Roeseler always wins though. Anyways
afterwards Bro Kennedy called us and asked us if we wanted to eat
burgers at his house so we had dinner with them and it was probably
the best burger I've ever had and he had Mac n cheese!!!

Tuesday we went back out to the Roeselers to do some major packing.
There was no way I'd make him pack up a UHAUL all by himself, so the
least we could do is help him out a bit. I love spending time around
that family too! We had dinner with Bro Unger which I was kinda iffy
on because he's pretty poor. But he cooked us a really good turkey
dinner, the one that the branch put together a few weeks ago and we
delivered to him! After dinner we went to the Wartluft's and had a
pretty all over the place lesson, but they are some awesome people and
Betty, Jeff's mother in law, said she met with sister missionaries
before and she just realized that we are from the same church!

Wednesday we headed back out to finish up packing with the Roeselers.
He's got all these rad stories and the time just flew! So we traded
ties and I said goodbye to some of the coolest peeps I've met. They
should be in Texas by now actually! After we got back we had an
awesome lesson with Charles and Joseph Vitanza, I'd say they are
coming along swimmingly! The Bakers then took us out for wing night
and me and Bro Baker got inferno wings and they were sooo good!

Thursday was quite interesting! We went out for our last district
meeting of the transfer. We planned to go get lunch with the
Stroudsberg elders after our meeting, but they had some service they
needed to do so they had us come along with. We first got some
Dominican food at this little sketchy restaurant, but it was quite
good! Then we got to help out Bro Vialta moving a bunch of stuff. Bro
Vialta is  probably one of the coolest guys I've met. He even fed us
after we helped him out and he told us that if we ever get transferred
around Stroudsberg that his home is always open to us! We went to go
drop off the elders at their apartment but they forgot their car keys
at the Vialta's so we had to drive back and pick them up, so it was
quite late. We had a lesson with a guy named Chris and since it was
New Year's Eve, we could stay out an extra hour, so we went to the
Bakers and they had pizza and their daughter got an electric guitar
for Christmas so I got to play it for quite a while! It was way cool
too because Lori was there so we got to talk to her for quite a bit
and she shared her favorite scripture and when her and Bro Baker went
to pick up the pizza she made sure they got some Mountain Dew Voltage
for me!:):):)

Friday was nuts! I didn't know Christmas Eve was such a big occasion!
We had a super awkward dinner with the super awkward single adults in
the branch at a super awkward 12:00. Food was good though and there
was a few super awkward nonmembers! Then we went to the Schoenberger's
for their dinner! They fed us pig stomach and all this other good
food! Their granddaughter Leah was probably the cutest thing I've ever
seen and we played 20 questions with her for a bit! Her dad, Mike,
came in and started playing with us too! He's the Schoenberger's son
in law, and he's not a member. We talked to him for a long time, he
played D-III basketball and has been a coach since. We talked to him a
little bit about missionary work and our rules and whatnot and he is a
great guy and I hope one day he will be more interested! Then we went
out to the Keller's for their dinner! They invited the Macareno's and
the Zambrano/Parraga family, so there was a bunch of Spanish getting
thrown around haha! We found the ping pong table so we played ping
pong with Harry Parraga, and still no one can beat me so I haven't
lost my touch yet! We had another great dinner but I was stuffed man
hahaha we actually had a fourth dinner we were supposed to go to, but
we canceled because there was no way we could squeeze it in our
schedule or squeeze the food into our belly. We visited Jenny to end
the night and her daughter was visiting so she had some questions
about what we do and what we believe and she got mad at her mom for
getting baptized and not going to church hahah so that was cool! Then
we went home and got our transfer calls telling us that I'm leaving.


Saturday we started with a lesson with the Vitanza's. We read some of
Helaman and emphasized how each scripture, no matter how big or small
can teach a principle. It was super fun to try to do it with each one
and have them do it as well! They should be receiving the Melchezidek
priesthood soon and soon after be going to the temple! I'm so stoked
for em! We had our Coorelation with Bro Fegely afterwards so I kinda
got to tell him who I think missionaries should focus on and there was
a few people like Jeff who I told him I don't know how much longer
future missionaries will go there, because some are more into the
quick 5 week and get baptized investigators and I kept going there
because I had a good relationship with him. Fegely told me not to
worry because as long as he's branch mission leader he will make sure
missionaries don't forget about my people so that was rad! Anyways we
did our weekly planning because we didn't have time on Friday. We then
picked up a buncha Taco Bell and had my last supper with Jeff! Then he
let us play on his drums and whatnot so that was fun! Then I said
goodbye to them and man was that hard. Then we stopped by our
neighbors Doug and Rachel and said goodbye to them and actually
started teaching them a little about the church and Doug's interested
to be taught a little more (they were taught in the past) so hopefully
that will happen!

Sunday was awesome! Charles and Joseph passed the sacrament which was
way cool to see and we had a nice testimony meeting. Then the gospel
principles teachers weren't there so I taught gospel principles
instead and it was actually really fun, and we had a great priesthood
lesson on "The next step" for us individually and the branch. After
church I had to say goodbye to a buncha people so that was pretty lame
but then we went and visited the Kennedy's and the Gruber's so I could
say goodbye to them as well. Man will I miss these people! Then we had
my last supper at Tom's. He made cheeseburger pizza and man was that
good! We talked for quite a while and Melanie got my information to
put in her Book of Mormon. She stores all the missionaries information
in there haha I think it's pretty cool actually! Tom told me I should
be considered a legend here because I got him to go to the church and
while I was here he stopped drinking beer! That was probably the
hardest goodbye out of all of them but it's all good. Then we stopped
by Jon Boyer's, he wasn't home but his mom answered the door and she
talked to us for a bit about him and she was actually really nice and
supportive of him meeting with us so that's great!

As far as today goes, it's mostly just packing and then my last family
home evening here with the Bakers so it will be a good day! I'm gonna
miss this place a bunch. There are amazing people here, but I know I'm
needed somewhere else and I'm excited to go to a new area and get a
new start on things! I thought leaving home was hard and I was glad
I'd never have to do it again, but now I'm leaving my second home and
it was almost just as hard. I have no idea where I'm headed, but I'll
let you all know next week! If you plan on sending me something send
it to the mission office since I don't know where I'll be. I got a
buncha pictures so I can match names with faces for you all of the
people who took care of me here! I hope you all have a great start to
the year and a great week!

721 Paxon Hollow Rd. Ste. B
Broomall, PA 19008

1) Charles and Jospeh Vitanza
2) Jeff the Jew and Mary the almost nun!
3) The Keller's, my adopted grandparents
4) a nice selfie after gospel principles with the Vitanza's
5) Me and John Devore, the coolest guy ever! His favorite movie is
dumb and dumber and he will bear his testimony in church on it!
6) The Zambrano/Parraga family! Nilda, their mother and her kids Harry and Cira!
7) The Kennedy's!
8) Me and my boy Casper!
9) and last Tom and Melanie or as me and Stimpy called em, Mom and Dad!












No comments:

Post a Comment